Our mission is to promote the democratisation of free and distributed knowledge, as well as the relationships between students and experts from different countries.
For this reason we collaborate in research with other institutions, to enhance our training model based on social and collaborative learning, as well as the free use of educational resources and their value for our societies.
Global multidisciplinary team of professional peers who advocate the progress of open education.
The Committee of MOOC experts is a meeting platform of professionals of different industries, organizations and countries working to advance in the development of the social learning through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
The aim of this Committee is to create a community and offer a space for dialogue and exchange of ideas on innovative practices, technologies, driving forces in the sector and pedagogical aspects of the world of online social learning. The objective is to identify future trends and new demand of MOOCs, developing the technology, and, finally, advising those responsible for policy making, institutions and education organisations in effective strategies of open education.
The members of the Committee provide multiple and complementary perspectives on how to design, implement, monitor and evaluate training programmes based on MOOC. The world of MOOCs is still a emerging industry, therefore, a collective approach, fed by different views and experiences not only enriches and benefits the development of the existing initiatives in the world, but it also promotes the development of a line of knowledge for consultation and the promotion of these learning models.
The multidisciplinary MOOC Experts Committee is composed of members of the industry who share a common vision:
- Non-profit organisations
- International institutions
- Private sector
Activity and lines of action
- Establish support lines for the research of MOOCs, offering access to the audience that we are working with.
- Exchange best practices and analyse the areas and trends through regular meetings.
- Create an Observatory of best practices and trends in the world of MOOCs.
- Position the Committee as an advisory body that offers guidance, support and experience in the implementation of new initiatives related to MOOCs.
- Configure a Panel of experts with collective skills to conceptualise, design, implement and evaluate projects based on MOOCs.
The Mission of the EMC is to strengthen the implementation of massive open online courses (MOOC)as a valid learning model in higher education. The EMC leads the development of the institutional discourse of MOOCs as well as other innovative initiatives related to online learning in Europe.
Main lines of action:
- EMC will develop activities to raise awareness in the use of digital education and MOOCs within universities to empower them within the space of higher education. As a result, more universities will use MOOCs to offer an open education model as part of their continuous education and professional development programmes or as part of the preparation to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- EMC will increase the impact of each of its partners in the educational policy in leading this area, promoting the value of MOOCs so that they are part of the policies and institutional strategies, defining regional and governmental policies and partnering with the European Commission in matters related to the Internet and digital education, as well as supporting a greater exchange of educational systems, technologies and business models with the aim of improving these practices in higher educational institutions.
- EMC will work for MOOCs to be recognized by employers seeking to reduce breaches of knowledge and skills, as well as the professionals interested in evolving within their professional career. To do this, EMC and its partners will develop a dialogue with the social partners and civil society organisations related to the needs of the European workforce. This will include the identification of the skills and knowledge needed and demanded by the economic and productive fabric; moreover, it will also work on the awareness of society about the value and the opportunities offered by MOOCs.
- EMC and partners will strengthen the continuous education sector increasing the credibility and visibility of MOOCs, developing a common framework for the recognition of micro credentials and working for the adoption of this framework by anyone interested across Europe.
- EMC will promote collaboration among its partners, in order to create a complementary offer and increase the number of people who can benefit by promoting courses in different languages in Europe. EMC will pay special attention to working on the cultural differences between the citizens of EU member countries, as well as language problems that may exist.
- EMC will collaborate in the construction and driving of a research agenda of MOOCS in Europe to increase their impact. This work will generate a model of best practices, it will identify the characteristics of the adoption of MOOCS in Europe and will generate a set of relevant data that will be openly available.